SIF Competitions Rules
- SIF Competition Type
There are four system matches in SPOQCS.
1. SHAMSHIRBAZI - Individul Swordship (long and short sponge sword and spear)
2. GILZO - Team Swordship (A pattern of traditional games)
3. NABARD – Hand to Hand combat (A pattern of traditional games (
4. Rajaz (Form"with&with out weapons", Self-Defenes "Individual&Grop Demonstration"
The Rules of SHAMSHIRBAZI
(long and short sponge sword and spear)
- Competition area
The competition area for all Spoqcs sponge materials (long and short sponge sword and spear) is 6m x 6m using the metric system. The Competition Area shall have a flat surface without any obstructing projections or slippery substance. An extra area shall be provided outside a court when next to another court. The area should be at lease 1.5 meters wide from the boundary line. The boundary lines shall be made with red tape, 5 to 10 centimeters wide. The Competitions in this section can be run indoors gym (with mat and with out mat), on grass, dirt and beach.
- Duration of Match, Winner
1. The Competitions of SPOQCS sponge materials (long and short sponge sword and spear) are held on one round three minutes. The Competition time may be reduced for certain age groups or specific competitions with the approval of the Competition Technical Council.
2. The time of the match begins with the announcement of the start with saying the word"RO" by the center referee. The time required to complete the following shall not be counted as match time:
2.1 The time from the moment the center Referee announces a valid (point or strike) until the match is resumed.
2.2 The time from the calling of a time our (suspension) until the match is resumed by the center Referee.
3.The winner of the game is the one who gets the most points at the end of the competition or reaches 10 points before the end of the competition time. In case of a draw, there will be a new (gold's impact) round which ends when one opponent scores the first point.
The Competitions of Spoqcs sponge materials (long and short sponge sword and spear) are organized by age category and in this setion Player height and weight do not play a role in classification
Minors 6 ~ 8 years old - Toddler 9 ~ 11 years old - Juvenile 12 ~ 14 years old - Junior 15 ~ 17 years old-Senior 18 ~ 20 years old-Adults 21 ~ 34 years old-A. Master age 35 ~ 45 years old - B. Master age 46 ~ 55 years old- C. Master age + 55 years old
- Competition Procedure
1. The spoqcs sponge materials competitions in individual section are held between two competitors in the same age category and weapons. The center referee will give a verbal signal"Abi-Ghermz Worood" for matches to begin. Both players will step inside the ring and bow at the waist to each other as directed by the referee. After bowing they will proceed to the center of the ring and assume the ready position.and begin play each step under the verbal"RO" direction of the center referee.
2. In team competition there are five persons in each team. In the Continental Championships and the World Championships a team consists of five persons (In the five age groups) that fight five matches in each team match. The format requires each Spoqcs player on a team to have about with their respective age category the members of the opposing team.
- Competition Styels
The SIF competitions (long and short sponge sword and spear) systems are as follows:
1. AKINAKEH (Short Sponge sword single 75 cm)
2. JOFT AKINAKEH (Double short sponge sword two 75 cm)
3. SOUSAR (Long Sponge sword 100 cm)
4. ARSHTAYASH (spear single 150 cm)
5. ARSHTAYASH (spear double head 200 cm)
- Competition Uniform & Equipment (long and short sponge sword and spear)
1. The Players must wear the official uniforms including (Black pants and red or blue vest and belt) safety equipment (head guard, gloves) that approved by SIF.
2. In this setion of competations there are four different weapons or tools used in fencing, and rules a little vary from weapon to weapon. The SPOQCS tools is consists of Iranian ancient war tools such as short sword (Akinakeh 75cm) long sword (SOUSAR 100cm) spear (ZUBIN Taksar 150cm) and two head spears (Zuobin Dosar or Arshti 200cm). Also, all SPOQCS tools are made of compact sponge and is completely safe.
- Valid Points (Allowed Areas & Techniques for long and short sponge sword and spear)
In all tools hitting spocqs articles with the tip and all parts of the sponge sword are allowed.
1.There are four designated target areas, each worth points in a match. There are strikes to the Head guard area (Sar) 2 points, the above wrist of the all-Hands area (Dast) 1 point, the front, back, sides of Body (Badan) 1 point and the outside and inside of the Feets (Pa) 1 point.
2.The players simultaneous hitting will not have any points, and given that the SPOQCS slogan is "quicker - cleverer - stronger" therefore the first impact calculated from each player.
3.The player will receive a bonus point in addition to the main score, if he/she makes two simultaneous and combined strikes to his opponent, in case he does not receive any strike from his opponent. Bonus score is 1 point.
Not: Knocking on feets is not allowed in Sousar (long sponge sword). Falling down or knee contact to the ground in the SOUSAR-ZUBIN weapons is forbidden and in the event of such a mistake, a negative score (1 point deduction) is given to the player. In the Sousar and Zubin weapons strikes are completely the same as AKINAKE and the only difference is taking the handle with two hands and in these tools (SOUSAR -ZUBIN only to body and head guard) only single-hand forward spear hit is allowed.
- Prohibitions acts and Penalties
The following acts by any players shall be classified as prohibited acts, and “warning” shall be declared.
A. Serious fouls Serious fouls that will result in disqualification for the player or his coach.
1. An insult to an opponent, referee or executive agents and violent or extreme remarks or behaviour on the part of a player or his coach (The competitor that commits the foul in this not shall lose the match and leave the court. If the player committing the foul has scored up to this point, the points shall be forfeited completely).
2. Any hit with leg and hands are banned, and will be punishable (The competitor that commits the foul in this not shall lose the match and leave the court. If the player committing the foul has scored up to this point, the points shall be forfeited completely).
A. Prohibitions acts containing negative point
1. Crossing the Boundary Line (1 point in the opponent's favor).
2. Defending off or blocking an attack from an opponent with a hand, forearm or lower leg. it is prohibited and will be punishable (1 point in the opponent's favor).
3. Attacks to the all-non-Allowed area" Throat, neck, testicles" (1 point in the opponent's favor)
3. Grabbing, holding or pushing the opponent, it is prohibited and will be punishable (1 point in the opponent's favor).
4. Attacking the opponent before the “Start” command or after command “Stop” by Referee it is prohibited and will be punishable (In the first time the referee will be reminded. And repeating it will get a negative score"1 point in the opponent's favor").
5. Behaviour from a contestant in any manor that is disruptive for the continuation of the contest or any other acts or actions considered to impeded or hinder fair competition, it is prohibited and will be punishable (1 point in the opponent's favor)
6. Avoiding or delaying the match, it is prohibited and will be punishable (1 point in the opponent's favor)
7. If a player committed unintentional foul for the first time sh/he will receive warning and for the second time one point will record for his opponent in addition to recording the foul itself.
8. The competitor that commits two intentional fouls in a match shall lose the match and leave the court. If the player committing the foul has scored up to this point, the points shall be forfeited completely.
Note: In all warnings, the referee must appoint two referees. The first and second warnings are the consent of one referee (head of the mat is sufficient), but the third warning must be approved by the middle referee and two referees (head of the mattress - mattress judge) to vote and in the final decision the positive opinion of the technical committee is important.
- Referee Regulation for Sponge tools
1. For each contest the team of referees consists of one Head Referee, one Center Referee and two corner Judgs (Depending on the importance of the game, they can be increased if needed).
2. The duty of head referee is overseeing the referee’s mistakes that may arise, replacement of referees, also sh/he is entrusted will all the needed powers to see that a match is performed in a fair and proper manner. He is located in front of the Judges and the scoreboard.
3. The duty of Center Referee is the acts as, calling players to match court, starting, stopping and finishing matches, give point to correct strikes of blue or red player, and warning and announcing the winner of the match. The Centre referee can discharge any coach and/or contestant who do not comply with the rules with consultation and approval of corner judges and head referee.
4.The duty of corner Judges is given point to correct strikes of blue or red player by using the flag, participate in arbitration consultations if necessary and approve or disapprove of the issued verdict and warning.
5.The referees announce their votes (point to correct strikes) by using the flag. A point which saves with Secretary, should confirm at least by two or three referees (center referee, two corner judges) from the entire referees.
The Rules of Nabard Section
Hand to Hand Combat
- Definition of Nabard Competition
The section of Nabard competition "hand-to-hand combat " is a combination of simple kicks and traditional wrestling throwing techniques. Spoqcs hand-to-hand combat competitions between two athletes (blue jacket and belt - red jacket and belt) in the same age and weights category are held individually and as a team. Athletes in this section have tried and competed with each other by observing the charter of sports ethics and fair play without harming the cause.
- Competition area of Nabard section
The competition area for Nabard competition is 6m x 6m using the metric system. The Competition Area shall have a flat surface without any obstructing projections or slippery substance. An extra area shall be provided outside a court when next to another court. The area should be at lease 1.5 meters wide from the boundary line. The boundary lines shall be made with red tape, 5 to 10 centimetres wide. The Competitions in this section can be run indoors gym (with mat and with out mat), on grass, dirt and beach.
- Nabard Competition Duration, Winner
1. The duration of the Nabard Competitions bout is defined one round 3 minutes for Junior, Senior and Adults Male and Female (both teams and individuals). Juvenile, Childern and Master age bouts will be 2 minutes for both genders. In case of a tie score after the completion of the end of round "3 minutes", a round of two minutes will be conducted as the sudden death overtime round, after a one-minute rest period following the first round. The timing of the bout starts when the Referee gives the signal to start "Ro", and stops each time the Referee calls "Bais". The time required to complete the following shall not be counted as match time:
1.1 The time from the moment the center Referee announces a valid (point or strike) until the match is resumed.
1.2 The time from the calling of a time our (suspension) until the match is resumed by the center Referee.
2. The winning of game is determined in the following ways:
2.1 A participant who reaches 10 points before the end of the game.
2.2 The participant who gets the most points at the end of the game.
2.3 Win with a blow technical.
- Nabard Competition Age and Weight Classification
Nabard competitions between the same age and weights group the defined in the table below will be held: