Presence of the President of the SpoqcsInternational Federation on "Leveraging Sport for All to Tackle the Climate Crisis" online Workshop.
On 14 December, the online Workshop “Leveraging Sport for All to Tackle the Climate Crisis” was hosted in partnership with Sport and Citizenship. 315 participants from all over the world registered for this fifth event of the TAFISA Mission 2030 Workshop Series, the last one in 2021.
Following words of welcome by TAFISA Secretary General Wolfgang Baumann, and Sport and Citizenship President Laurent Thieule, the Workshop focused on the significance of re-building our society and community in a sustainable way, and the importance of education and raising awareness about environmental issues in the field of, and through Sport for All, providing case studies and examples on how we sport can be a tool to lead the change by advocating for, and implementing, sustainable practices.
- Dr. Morten Schmidt, Global Director of Programmes and Grants, Laureus Sport for Good, Denmark
- Lindita Xhaferi-Salihu, Sports for Climate Action Lead, United Nations Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Antidia Citores, Lobbying Manager, Surfrider Foundation, France
- Beverley Sylvester, Campaign Director, Catmosphere Foundation, USA
- Alexandra Williams, Programmes Development Consultant, Durban Green Corridors, South Africa
- Bianca Quardokus, Officer for Sport Facilities, Environment and Sustainability, German Olympic Sports Confederation, Germany
The Workshop was moderated by Jean-Francois Laurent, Junior Director, TAFISA, France.